On hand to support your employment tax needs across borders
Our team covers expatriate management, assignment management, tax compliance, and employment tax advisory services.
Navigating global taxation obligations
Expatriate management can challenge HR and Payroll teams due to an abundance of unfamiliar tax, payroll, and compliance obligations. How an assignment is managed will have both short and long-term impacts on your organization so it’s vital to get expert advice from the outset. Our team of international tax experts is here to work with you and your employees concerning your tax affairs, ensuring all the information needed is shared and explained.
Remain compliant via centrally managing and monitoring your globally mobile workforce.
- Ensure compliance of assignees across various jurisdictions, protecting employer reputation globally.
- Removes the need for companies to deal with multiple global mobility providers across countries of operation.
- Generate central reporting of assignee data across all jurisdictions.
- Utilize online global mobility tracker tool to gain complete visibility of assignee movements across borders, highlighting withholding obligations for employers in real time.
- Improves the employee experience as all relevant tax obligations are clearly explained and covered.
- Offers the opportunity for businesses to consolidate both global payroll and global tax mobility requirements via one provider.
Covering end-to-end assignment management
Get everyone on the same page from the start by conducting an assignee tax briefing. Our team explains everything to the assignee, including home and host country tax obligations, tax equalization implications, key compliance dates and actions, as well as home and host country consequences at the end of an assignment.
Our team prepare and submit home and host country tax returns on your assignees, ensuring key deadlines are met. In addition, we cover employee tax and social security applications to assist with preparation and submission to relevant authorities to ensure correct contributions, withholdings, and relief claims are made.
Additional Tax Calculations Covered
- Hypothetical tax calculations which instruct the employer on what withholding to apply while an individual is on an assignment.
- Tax equalization calculations which are prepared at the year to reconcile an individual’s year–end position and bring the employee to the same position as if they had not gone on assignment.
- Tax protection calculations carried out at year end to ensure that the most beneficial global position passes to the employee.
Review of assignee remuneration packages for assignment cost planning purposes. Our team can assist you and advise on cost projections, tax– efficient structuring of remuneration packages, and analysis of double tax agreements.
Global Mobility Policy Development
Get the support needed to draft global mobility policy documents, assignment letters, and other assignment– related documentation.
We provide the set-up and maintenance of ongoing shadow payroll obligations, assistance with payroll calculations, gross ups, and payroll reporting in host locations.
“We know global payroll tax compliance can be overwhelming as rules and regulations vary vastly from location to location. Paying employees in a timely and compliant manner across the world is not easy. The potential for hefty fines and penalties arising from errors and omissions makes payroll tax even more onerous. Our team of payroll tax experts is here to help our customers manage the various payroll tax challenges arising to help ensure compliance.”
Contact the Tax Services Team
Get in touch with our tax experts today!